HOW TO SHARE THE INTERNET IN WINDOWS 8
Creating a HotSpot from a computer equipped with Windows 8 has never been so easy and fast. From now on, you don't need to install any driver or software - that's enough, that you will use our guide!
1. using Windows administrator menu 8 (press the keys Windows + X) we run Command Prompt with system administrator privileges - Command line (administrator).
2. We enter the following command:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=pcliveNet key=asdfg12345
- ssid= - we give our network name (name of the hotspot being created)
- key= - we provide the password to access the hotspot
After entering the above command, press the key Enter. Appropriate information about the creation of our network should appear in the console.
3. We must now activate our network. While still in the console, enter the following command:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
and then press Enter. After a while, we will be informed about the activation of the new service.
4. We pass to Computer -> Control panel -> Network and Internet -> Network connections. In the open applet we will see, that a new connection has appeared on the list of connections with a characteristic badge in its name: asterisk *. This is the HotSpot we created.
5. Now let's share our Internet connection via Wi-Fi. Right-click on the connection, which gives us access to the Internet, and then select from the context menu: Properties.
6. We go to the tab Sharing and mark the first option: Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection, then from the list we select the connection created by us with a characteristic asterisk - in our case it is Local connection * 16. Click on OK.
7. That's all. From now on, our computer can be used as a HotSpot for various devices, e.g.. Android phone:
You can also easily stop the operation of our HotSpot - just enter the following command in the console:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork